Special Education Programs
Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy offers special programs designed to enable students to reach their full potential of academic achievement.
- Special Education Services – Legacy PCA provides each student with an individualized program designed to meet the student’s needs as an exceptional learner in accordance with the Individuals with Disabilities Act.
- English as a Second Language – provides English instruction to second language learners.
- Dual Language – provides an opportunity for students to become both bilingual and bi-literate.
- Section 504 – prohibits discrimination and ensures that students with special needs have education opportunities and benefits equal to those provided to other students.
- Response to Intervention (RTI) – provides early intervention and support for struggling students.
- Gifted and Talented (GT) – provides services to students in the GT program
Federal Programs Include:
- Title I, Part A (No Child Left Behind) – provides supplemental funding for resources to help schools with high concentrations of students from low income families. It also provides high-quality education that enables all children to meet the state performance standards.
- Title II Teacher and Principal Recruitment and Training
- Title III Bilingual and ESL Support Services