Academics & Educational Programs
College & Career Preparatory Education
Our priority at Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is to empower students in grades K-12 to take charge of their education. We accomplish this by preparing them for careers by implementing innovative opportunities using project-based learning and enriching educational programs. Scholars become independent learners through both intellectual and social-emotional learning. Our academy provides the skills necessary to succeed in and outside the classroom. Since 2012, Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy has been educating students in the Dallas metro area. We are proud to offer scholars in Mesquite and Plano an educational option with enhanced academics and no tuition costs. Take a virtual tour today
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
When a student takes ownership of his or her education, the learning process moves beyond simple memorization of facts and dates. Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy prepares all scholars to be reflective, self-reliant and intrinsically motivated citizens capable of impacting their communities by being trailblazers of the future. Scholars are afforded the opportunity, if prepared, to begin dual credit courses in 9th grade. This allows them to graduate with an associate’s degree at no cost to the scholar. Our Plano and Mesquite charter school locations achieve these goals through the use of project-based learning, a philosophy that prioritizes academic partnership between students and faculty.
Learn more about the following innovative programs that contribute to our success:
- New Tech Network: Provides access to the latest advances in educational technology and science with programming contests, a comprehensive STEM academy, as well as Honors & AP
- Project Based Learning: Promotes scholar active participation and ownership of their classroom environment with award winning curriculum and a reasonable student teacher ratio.
- K-5 Dual Language Program: Project/Problem-based learning in English, Chinese and Spanish, providing literacy in reading, writing and speaking of foreign language.
- iStation: Integrates reading assessment programs to help state certified teachers better serve each student’s academic needs.
- Imagine Math: Personalized online education to cater to the specific strengths of each scholar with one on one online education.
- Special Populations Programs: These educational programs are designed to meet the needs of scholars and provide instructions to those who have Learning Disabilities, Dyslexia, 504 qualifying factors or served in Gifted & Talented programs so they maximize their potential leading to educational success.
Collaborative Learning in a STEM Culture
Our hands-on approach to learning helps cater to every type of learner. STEM is included in our summer camps, teaching and training workshops, weekly after school clubs, and weekend clubs. Our schools have the interactive environment within our project-based learning philosophy that teaches scholars time management skills, self-motivation, teamwork, and goal setting. Scholars thrive in a 21st Century learning environment where they are encouraged to apply critical thinking skills, discover answers, and learn while parents have a parent/scholar portal to monitor their progress. To find out if our tuition-free public schools are right for you, call our charter school at (469) 287-8532 to learn more about our registration process.