College & Career Preparatory Education
Our priority at Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is to empower students to take charge of their education and prepare them for careers with career day presentations. Through public school programs designed to teach students intellectual and emotional independence, our learning academy provides the skills necessary to succeed in and outside of the classroom. Since 2012, our academy charter school has been educating the students of the Dallas metro area, and we are proud to be able to offer Mesquite and Plano locations as well with no tuition costs.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
When a student takes ownership of his or her education, the learning process moves beyond simple memorization of facts and dates. The educational experience is then able to reach deeper into skill development, emotional maturation, and more. Our Plano charter school achieves this goal through the use of project-based learning, a philosophy that prioritizes academic partnership between students and faculty.
Learn more about the following innovative programs that contribute to our success:
- T-STEM Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics: Texas Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (T-STEM) Academies are rigorous secondary schools focusing on improving instruction and academic performance in science and mathematics-related subjects and increasing the number of students who study and enter STEM careers.
- Naviance: Naviance is a comprehensive K-12 college and career readiness solution that helps districts and schools align student strengths and interests to postsecondary goals, improving student outcomes and connecting learning to life.
- Course Description: Over 3.6 million students take the PSAT/NMSQT each year. Only 11th grade students can qualify for scholarships and recognition, but younger students benefit from early feedback on their skills. The PSAT/NMSQT assesses the critical reading, mathematics, and writing skills students need for college and beyond. The PSAT/NMSQT helps students become college ready. It provides detailed feedback on skills, access to scholarships and personalized online tools, and excellent practice for the SAT.
- Dual Credit: Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy will be working with Collin County Community College, El Centro Community College, and Eastfield Community College to provide our scholars with the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Scholars that are taking advantage of this opportunity will have to apply through the colleges for admission and take the TSI assessment. They will work with either a professor from the college online or a Legacy Faculty member who has met the criteria to become an adjunct professor through the college to complete these courses.
- TEA Graduation Toolkit: Information for Planning Your High School Years & Beyond
- STAAR: STAAR stands for State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness. The test is developed by staff at the Texas Education Agency along with experts in test development and Texas educators. The STAAR exams are a series of tests taken by every Texas public school student. Your child will begin taking the exams in third grade and, after that, he or she will take some form of the exams each year. In the earlier grades, the tests focus on reading, writing, and mathematics. Starting in fifth grade, students take tests on writing, science, and social studies, as well. In high school, students take end-of-course STAAR exams in five high school subjects: Algebra I, Biology, English I, English II, and U.S. History. Students must pass the five tests to graduate, but students’ performance on the end-of-course exams will not be used to determine class rank.