How Does it Work?
Scholars access a virtual classroom to:
- View their daily schedule.
- Engage in assigned group activities or individual instruction sessions.
- Participate in live interactive projects with other scholars.
- Complete and submit activities assigned each day.
- Reach out to their teachers, guidance counselors and special education support staff for help whenever they need it.
- Experience virtual field trips.
Teachers are facilitators that provide the learning resources, support and high quality learning experiences that are aligned to LPCA curriculum and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
Parents act as learning coaches to ensure access to a working device, a place to work and stays engaged in virtual learning activities.
Note: Effective time management and open lines of communication between scholars, teachers and parents are critical to the success of virtual learning.