College & Career Preparatory Education
Our priority at Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is to empower students to take charge of their education and prepare them for careers with career day presentations. Through public school programs designed to teach students intellectual and emotional independence, our learning academy provides the skills necessary to succeed in and outside of the classroom. Since 2012, our academy charter school has been educating the students of the Dallas metro area, and we are proud to be able to offer Mesquite and Plano locations as well with no tuition costs.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
When a student takes ownership of his or her education, the learning process moves beyond simple memorization of facts and dates. The educational experience is then able to reach deeper into skill development, emotional maturation, and more. Our Plano charter school achieves this goal through the use of project-based learning, a philosophy that prioritizes academic partnership between students and faculty.
Learn more about the following innovative programs that contribute to our success:
- New Tech Network: Provides access to the latest advances in educational technology and science with programming contests, our STEM academy, honors & AP
- Project Based Learning: Promotes student’s active participation in and ownership of their classroom environment with award winning cirriculum and a reasonable student teacher ratio.
- K-5 Dual Language Program: Project/Problem-based learning in both English and Spanish with detailed course description
- Spanish Reading Program: Enables student success in Spanish writing
- iStation: Integrates reading assessment programs to help state certified teachers better serve each student’s academic needs
- Imagine Math: Personalized learning to cater to the specific strengths of each student with one one one attention and online education
- Special Education Classes: This educational program is deisgned to help students who have learning diabilities so they can have a successful education
Collaborative Learning in a STEM Culture
Our hands-on approach to learning helps cater to every type of learner including our summer camps, teaching training workshops, weekly after school clubs, and weekend clubs. Our state rated school has the interactive environment within our project-based learning philosophy that teaches students time management skills, self-motivation, problem solving, teamwork, and goal setting. Students thrive in an environment where they are being encouraged to discover answers and learning while parents have a parent/student portal to monitor their progress. To find out if our tuition-free public schools are right for you, call our charter school at (469) 287-8532 to learn more about our registration process.