College & Career Preparatory Education
Our priority at Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is to empower students to take charge of their education and prepare them for careers with career day presentations. Through public school programs designed to teach students intellectual and emotional independence, our learning academy provides the skills necessary to succeed in and outside of the classroom. Since 2012, our academy charter school has been educating the students of the Dallas metro area, and we are proud to be able to offer Mesquite and Plano locations as well with no tuition costs.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
When a student takes ownership of his or her education, the learning process moves beyond simple memorization of facts and dates. The educational experience is then able to reach deeper into skill development, emotional maturation, and more. Our Plano charter school achieves this goal through the use of project-based learning, a philosophy that prioritizes academic partnership between students and faculty.
Learn more about the following innovative programs that contribute to our success:
- New Tech Network: Provides access to the latest advances in educational technology and science with programming contests, a STEM academy, honors, and AP.
- Project Based Learning: Promotes scholar’s active participation in and ownership of their classroom environment with a rigorous curriculum and a reasonable scholar facilitator ratio.
- K-6 Dual Language Program: Project/Problem-based learning in which students are taught literacy and content in both English and Spanish.
- Spanish Reading Program: Enables scholar success in Spanish acquisition.
- Chinese Language Program: Provides our scholars the opportunity to learn the Chinese language and experience Chinese culture. Our program is centered around ACTFL’s 5C’s World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages with an emphasis on improving scholars’ communication skills.
Collaborative Learning in a STEM Culture
Our hands-on approach to learning helps cater to every type of learner including our summer camps, teaching training workshops and weekly after school clubs. Our state rated school has the interactive environment within our project-based learning philosophy that teaches our scholars time management skills, self-motivation, problem solving, teamwork, and goal setting. LPCA scholars thrive in an environment where they are being encouraged to discover answers and learning while parents have a parent/student portal to monitor their progress. To find out if our tuition-free public school is right for you, or to learn more about our enrollment process, call us at (469) 249-1099.