College & Career Preparatory Education
Our priority at Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy is to empower students to take charge of their education and prepare them for careers with career day presentations. Through public school programs designed to teach students intellectual and emotional independence, our learning academy provides the skills necessary to succeed in and outside of the classroom. Since 2012, our academy charter school has been educating the students of the Dallas metro area, and we are proud to be able to offer Mesquite and Plano locations as well with no tuition costs.
Training Tomorrow’s Leaders
When a student takes ownership of his or her education, the learning process moves beyond simple memorization of facts and dates. The educational experience is then able to reach deeper into skill development, emotional maturation, and more. Our Plano charter school achieves this goal through the use of project-based learning, a philosophy that prioritizes academic partnership between students and faculty.
Learn more about the following innovative programs that contribute to our success:
- New Tech Network: Provides access to the latest advances in educational technology and science with programming contests, a comprehensive STEM academy, as well as Honors & AP
- Project Based Learning: Promotes scholar active participation and ownership of their classroom environment with award winning curriculum and a reasonable student teacher ratio.
- K-5 Dual Language Program: Project/Problem-based learning in English, Chinese and Spanish, providing literacy in reading, writing and speaking of foreign language.
- iStation: Integrates reading assessment programs to help state certified teachers better serve each student’s academic needs.
- Imagine Math: Personalized online education to cater to the specific strengths of each scholar with one on one online education.
- Special Populations Programs: These educational programs are deisgned to meet the needs of scholars and provide instructions to those who have Learning Diabilities, Dyslexia, 504 qualifying factors or served in Gifted & Talented programs so they maximize their potienal leading to educational success.
Collaborative Learning in a STEM Culture
Our hands-on approach to learning helps cater to every type of learner. STEM is included in our summer camps, teaching and training workshops, weekly after school clubs, and weekend clubs. Our schools have the interactive environment within our project-based learning philosophy that teaches scholars time management skills, self-motivation, problem solving, teamwork, and goal setting. Scholars thrive in 21st Century learning environment where they are being encouraged to problem solve, apply critical thinking skills, discover answers and learning while parents have a parent/scholar portal to monitor their progress. To find out if our tuition-free public schools are right for you, call our charter school at (469) 287-8532 to learn more about our registration process.