STEM Education Learning
Promoting Integrative Classroom Learning
“[Science] is more than a school subject, or the periodic table, or the properties of waves. It is an approach to the world, a critical way to understand and explore and engage with the world, and then have the capacity to change that world…”
— President Barack Obama, March 23, 2015
As increasing amounts of jobs are created within the fields of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), the demand for STEM focused learning has also steadily increased. Learning within the STEM environment focuses on not only academic learning, but also on developing qualities that help students succeed in the real world. At Legacy Preparatory Charter Academy, our Plano and Mesquite charter schools fosters an environment that engages students’ creativity and innovation, emphasizing the integration of these four disciplines.
Promoting STEM based culture fosters in students many powerful tools, including:
- Deeper, integrative thinking
- Proactive problem solving
- Leadership skills necessary for job success
- Critical thinking skills
- Elementary school — STEM education focuses on the introductory level STEM courses, as well as awareness of the STEM fields and occupations.
- Middle school — At this stage, the courses become more rigorous and challenging. Student awareness of STEM fields and occupations is still pursued, as well as the academic requirements of such fields.
- High school — The program of study focuses on the application of the subjects in a challenging and rigorous manner. Courses and pathways are now available in STEM fields and occupations, as well as preparation for post-secondary education and employment.
STEM Sr. Director
Click HERE for the latest edition of STEM Magazine.
Hands-On Learning in a Tuition-Free Environment
At Legacy Preparatory Charter School, our STEM academy offers students the unique opportunity to take advantage of the benefits of STEM based education, tuition-free. Our learning academy is a state-accredited charter school and routinely subject ourselves to rigorous accountability testing in order to preserve the integrity of our educational environment.
Select a button below or contact our office at (469) 522 – 3696 to learn more about how to enroll!